For Sale: 1974 BMW 2002 Turbo ($115,000)
Iconic classic car highly sought after by both collectors and those into motorsports.
- Only 1,672 ever built
- 85,750 mi
- Original patina
- 2 door coupe
- 4 speed manual transmission
- Turbocharged 2.0-Liter Inline-Four
- Limited-Slip Differential
- Genuine 13″ Alpina wheels wear Kumho Power Star tires
- 3-spoke BMW steering wheel is specific to the 2002 Turbo
- Separate boost gauge and analog clock mounted in the center dash
BMW’s first turbocharged production car, the 2002 series offers power supplied by a single overhead camshaft, 2 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder motor, with 2 valves per cylinder that develops power and torque. Its claimed weight at the curb is 2,337 lbs. Its maximum speed claimed is 130 mph. The 2002 Turbo was introduced just before the 1973 oil crisis, therefore only 1,672 were built, making this car a collector’s item. This particular 2002 Turbo was imported from Sweden to the USA by its original owner in 1981.